Sunday, January 20, 2013

Second Christmas

This is almost a month late but oh well.  After we went to Gail and Yogi's over Christmas, Brett and I headed up to my parents.  We were able to get there at night and woke up around 9 the next morning.  I'm definitely a person of ritual so I had to ask Mom if Santa came.  Mind you it was December 28th so of course he had come!

We had a wonderful Christmas with Mom, Dad, and Oba.  I got some great slippers for when I work.  Brett got some clothes and a bunch of disposable coffee cups. I really enjoyed watching my parents and Oba open their gifts. Seeing their surprise and joy gives me happiness.  Sierra even got some good food for Christmas.

Oba surprised she got her calendar
Sierra was ecstatic about getting soft food.
Brett with his new ECU alumni plate.
Playing his Tiger Woods game

We also celebrated Brett's birthday while we were there.  His birthday started off with some homemade fire crackers.  Seemed like the neighbors were trying to outdo Dad.  If only they knew it cannot be done.  Brett got to watch football all day.  Mom made a special dinner with our favorite dessert (1, 2, 3 cake).

"You can't see me."
Dad's faces in these are priceless.
Haha.
Thinking about what to wish for.
Showing off his new sports coat.

I really enjoyed my time with my parents, although we missed having Chris there.  It was hard not being with them for Christmas, but that's what happens when you get married.  There are compromises.  I promise this is my last overdue Christmas blog.  Hope everyone is enjoying the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment