Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Happy Birthday Maggie!

Today is my future sister-in-love Maggie's birthday!  I am beyond excited to officially have Maggie as my sister on December 28, 2013.  From the beginning I knew we would be fast friends.  It took a while longer than I thought to start to get to know her since the Hickman men sort of dominate conversation... they're talkers ;)   We love them. 

Maggie has a very gentle spirit, is extremely patient, and very tolerant of Sam's sometimes embarrassing comments.  I will never forget the night when I really got to hear her thoughts and get to know her.  We stayed up until almost 1 a.m. talking.  That's when I realized how similar our backgrounds are: raised in the church, didn't go through that big of a rebellion period, pretty sheltered lives, and we both have very tight knit families.  Because of that, I think I understand her.  Like with Laura, my other sister-in-love, we can speak to each other with our eyes.  It's such a wonderful thing to have given that I don't have a biological sister.

With each day, I have come to realize how blessed I am by having Maggie in my life.  I am really, REALLY, enjoying looking for decorations for Maggie's wedding and giving her advice... I may have gone slightly overboard by creating a Pinterest board the day I found out she and Sam were engaged.  She is the little sister I didn't have.  I love her to pieces and would do anything for her.

Maggie, I look forward to sharing many more birthdays with you.  We have a lifetime of them.  Have a wonderful day!! I love you!!

Isn't she beautiful?!
This was the first time I met Maggie.
At Sam's graduation
The Hickman kids

No comments:

Post a Comment