Today is Pappaw's 88th birthday! He is still sharp as a tack; one of the wittiest men I know. I just adore my Pappaw. There are not many people who I hold in higher regard than him. He is kind, wise, and funny. I can sit there for hours listening to his stories about growing up as the oldest of seven children, serving in the Navy, being a JC Penneys store manager for years, and about how life was so different back then. History is one of my favorite things, so his stories always intrigue me.
He is a man of the highest character, and the rock of our family. Pappaw has shown his children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren how to love your spouse unconditionally (as he and Mimi are on 65 years of marriage). I am so proud and blessed that he is my Pappaw.
 |
| This is one of Pappaw's favorite pictures. |
And for your viewing pleasure, here's Pappaw sharing a song he learned when he was young.
Love you Pappaw! Happy birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment