This weekend was simply refreshing. Jessica, one of my best friends, came into town on Friday. She got here at 10:30 Friday night. We stayed up until around midnight just talking and catching up. It was nice to have someone familiar here at our new home.
Brett had to be in the office around 7:30. The game wasn't until 2:30 so Jess and I had a lazy Saturday morning. Brett's parents and Sam and Maggie came before the game and followed us there. Ben Anderson even made the trip down to watch the game! I had forgotten that it was Homecoming so the stadium was packed with bouncy houses, floats, and other kinds of Homecoming festivities.
Now this game was a little different because NGU was playing Brevard. One of Brett's childhood best friends (and groomsman in our wedding) coaches defensive backs at Brevard. Apparently Brett has always been very competitive with Chris (aka Peanut). He put a lot more pressure on himself to win this game.
Even though it was in the upper 60's, it felt much hotter because the sun hits the home side. I definitely got a little burnt. The Crusaders tried to give us a heart attack. The game was 10-7 Brevard until the fourth quarter, when NGU scored, winning 14-10. Defense only allowed around 155 yards total offense to an option team, which is fantastic.
| Braelen's sack |
| They're such great supporters of NGU, even down to the sunglasses. |
| Love this sweet, sweet girl |
| Brett and Peanut |
| Nice job with the negative space Jess. Haha. |
Even though I didn't get much sleep, my heart is happy from our visitors this weekend. Now I'm off to watching my fantasy football teams and the rest of the games today. What did y'all do this weekend?
No comments:
Post a Comment