This past weekend was the opening weekend for college football. Unfortunately, the Crusaders start the season with three away games. The first game was at Albany State University in Albany, GA (about 5 hours from Greeville). Originally, I had planned on driving by myself to Macon on Friday to stay with the team, stay Saturday evening with Gail and Yogi and driving back Sunday. Brett talked some sense into me though. I ended up leaving Saturday afternoon and riding with Elise, the other Brett's wife, and coming home after the game.
Now to be honest, I had some slight anxiety going into the drive. It's weird because I used to thrive in social situations in high school and college. Now, they cause some anxiety. I ended up having nothing to worry about. Elise and I talked almost the whole way there and quite a bit of the way back. It was really nice getting to know more about her. I have a feeling we'll be spending a lot of time in the car together this season. I'm very grateful we came back that night, even though I got home at 5:30 a.m.
Anyway, this was Brett's first time calling the game for the defense (he's co defensive coordinator this year). I thought he did a really good job. He and Rocco saw where Albany State was beating them and made the correct adjustments. The thing that Brett took the most pride in was that the defense didn't allow Albany State to get a single first down in the fourth quarter, even with being down 5-24. NGU ended up losing 12-24.
There were quite a few injuries during the game to some of the starters. If you get a chance, please pray for the players' safety as they continue their season. Here's a few pictures I snapped at the game.
 |
| Pregame warm-ups |
 |
| Kickoff of the 2012 season |
 |
| Brett's in the middle of all those defensive players |
 |
| Talking about special teams |
 |
| After Taylor's interception on the goal line |
 |
| Brett was jacked |
 |
| Sacked. Issac is very animated on the sideline. |
No comments:
Post a Comment