Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful Mom, two grandmas, mother-in-love, and sister-in-love.  I know I'm not a mom to a human baby, but I do have my fur baby who has made me a "mom."  Through Piper, I have gotten a little glimpse into what a mom is like. Waking up at 6 when she's awake and crying.  Feeling exhausted from a long work day, but staying up until 11 pm because she doesn't want to sleep.  Asking God over and over for patience when she doesn't listen to me.  Because of Piper, I have so much more gratitude for the women listed above.

Thank you Mom for being my best friend.  Thank you for covering me with prayer from the moment you learned I was coming.  The Lord knows how many situations He kept me from because of the prayers of my mom.  Thank you for your constant texts of encouragement and for always pointing me to Truth when my emotions are telling me something else.  "Lu."  Thank you Mimi and Oba for showing me love.  You are two of the most selfless women I know.  I am blessed to have both of you in my life at 26.

Gail, you are also one of the most selfless human beings ever!  I don't know how you worked full time, had dinner on the table every night, and raised three very rambunctious boys.  You are my model when I think about what it takes to be a good coach's wife.  Thank you for all the hard work you put into raising Brett and for loving him so.  And lastly, Happy Mother's Day to Laura, my sis-in-love.  I have loved getting to watch you go from a wife to a wife and mother. Watching you with Laney is something I always look forward to when I come visit.

I love y'all!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment