Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Happy Birthday Laney

With great joy, I am writing my first happy birthday post to our sweet niece Laney Adyson.  She turns 1 today!!!  It doesn't seem like one year ago that Brett and I were in Montana, awaiting a text or call about the arrival of Laney.  I remember Brett waking up early because he was worried about Laura's long labor.  I remember receiving a text saying that Laney had a head full of dark hair, and then not hearing that she had arrived for another couple of hours.  I remember keeping the phone on the charger because we were checking it so often.  And I remember the feeling of joy and relief once we heard that Laney had arrived, and that daddy, mommy, and baby were doing great!

Laney, your Uncle B and Auntie Sara have enjoyed watching you grow this past year.  From our first visit, you have captured our hearts.  Your smiles and scrunchy nose make our hearts happy, and I love that we are now getting waves and blown kisses.  We get so excited when your daddy and mommy FaceTime us so we can get some interaction with you.

Even though we are far away and don't see you often, we love you, little girl.  Happy birthday, Laney!





No comments:

Post a Comment