More than one month later, I'm finally blogging about Kyle and Megan's wedding. As most of you know, Megan and Kyle met at my wedding in June 2012. My family has been dropping their names to each other for many years, but the night before my wedding was the first time they met. Within the year, they were engaged. I was asked to be the matron of honor (thanks for making me old Brett).
When I got to Caswell on November 22, it was a beautiful day. It actually felt like a summer day given how muggy it was. The bridesmaids stayed in the beautiful Gingko. Unfortunately, Brett wasn't able to come since he had his last football game (so goes the life of a coach); so I was roomies with the lovely Whitney.
Anyway, we were keeping an eye on the weather the whole day, as a storm was supposed to roll through on the wedding day. We functioned under the outside plan, with the ceremony and reception outside. There was definitely some tension hanging over our heads, not knowing if we would be able to have Megan's dream wedding outside. Megan had lots of projects going on so November 22 was spent trying to help her finish and set things up.
After we ate the rehearsal dinner, Megan and Kyle went through each of their attendants and said a few words about them. Man, there were a lot of tears shed. The thing that got me most was seeing how choked up my cousin Brent (Kyle's brother) got when Kyle was talking about him. There's just something about seeing men that you care about get emotional. Not to mention I about lost it when I looked at Aunt Nan when Kyle was talking about Brent. Their tribute to each person was a really neat way to get to know everyone's stories.
The women joined up for flower hour after the rehearsal to make the bouquets and boutonnieres. There were some really crafty women there. I stuck by the glue gun and left the designing of the bouquets up to the pros. Afterwards, I stayed up late talking to the bridesmaids and praying that Megan and Kyle would have great weather the next day.
I have to say
this one more time. I have never been involved in a wedding where the bridesmaids had an instant bond after being together for such a short time. I can say that about Megan's wedding. She has the most Godly, wonderful, supportive, and open group of girlfriends I have ever met. It felt like I had been close friends with the girls for a long time, even though we had only been around each other for a short while. I know that is because we have the common thread of love for our Savior that makes us sisters. It really is amazing to think about. Although the weekend was trying emotionally (you'll see why in Part 2), I felt refreshed at the same time because of the Godly fellowship.
Here are some pictures from November 22. Stay tuned for pictures of the gorgeous bride and groom and their perfect wedding day.
 |
| The house the bridesmaids stayed in. |
 |
| Tree picture ;) |
 |
| I love this family. |
 |
| The bride and groom at the rehearsal |
 |
| The beautiful ceremony location |
 |
| Brent and Danielle |
 |
| Besties |
 |
| With the bride at the rehearsal dinner. |
 |
| The famous hand shake |
 |
| With Uncle Ed. |
 |
| So blessed by Mimi and Pappaw and their marriage |
 |
| Making the bouquets during flower hour. |
|
No comments:
Post a Comment