Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to some very important men in my life.

Dad- You are my protector and my go-to man  You never kept silent about whether or not I should be dating someone or what the right choice is in a situation.  You have so much discernment.  You always tell me what you think is the Godly thing to do. If I ever have a question, I always call you first because you have so much common sense and are so handy.  I can't tell you how much money the John Honda Shop has saved me.  You give without me asking.  You helped shaped my view of God, as a protector, a dad who disciplines out of loves, and one who gives unconditionally.  You set the bar high for the type of man I would marry.  I know we butt heads sometimes, but I think that's because we are so much alike.  I often say, "I am my father's daughter."  I wouldn't have it any other way. I'll always be your baby girl. I love you Daddy!


Pappaw- I am so very thankful that you are my Pappaw.  I don't know anyone else who commands so much respect just with his presence.  I think storytelling is a lost art, but you have mastered it.  I (and Brett) often just sit there and listen to your stories.  You are so full of wisdom.  I have learned so much about business and how to treat people.  You are the epitome of a hard worker and someone who made something of himself despite his meager beginning.  I think you need to write a book for my generation to read about how hard work pays off.  My generation has so much they could learn from you about work ethic.


Yogi- I have you to thank for a lot of Brett's personality.  Obviously, I doubt he'd be a coach right now if it weren't for you.  He sees his job as a ministry opportunity because of you.  He grew up seeing how much you cared for your players.  You disciplined them in love and gave a lot of them what they were lacking: a male figure to respect, please, and emulate.  You would do anything for your family, and for your "girls."  Will, Brett, and Sam must have learned from you how to catch a good wife :)

No comments:

Post a Comment