Monday, June 3, 2013

Colleen and Adrian's Wedding Weekend

This past weekend, Brett and I headed up to Camp Horizons in Harrisonburg, VA to celebrate Colleen (my cousin) and Adrian's wedding.  I was so excited for this weekend because I would get to see my extended family, witness the start of Colleen's marriage, and see my best friend Megan who got engaged to my cousin Kyle last week.  Yes that's right.  It doesn't matter how many times I say it, I still get giddy.  My best friend and MOH from my wedding is going to be a part of my family FOREVER! WOOHOO!!!

Anyway, Brett and I were both able to take off Friday so that we could make it to the welcome dinner at the camp.  It had been a while since I had been in Virginia, but the rolling hills still look the same. There is definitely a distinct (almost historic) look to Virginia.  It is absolutely beautiful.  The only bad part about our trip was that it seemed like people like to drive 5-10 mph under the speed limit.

The welcome dinner was great.  Cassy, Sam's girlfriend, was able to come.  She came to my wedding, but I didn't really get to know her since I was sort of busy.  She has such a sweet heart, and I can see why Sam likes her. 

Amazing seeing these two in person instead of interacting on Facebook. Newly engaged!
I am my father's daughter :)
My lovely parents.
Cassy and Sam
So sweet
Checking out Megan's bling.
Look at that thing shining.
With the hubby

Saturday, we went to breakfast and then to the pool for a few hours.  I was so stoked to get some sun.  It was supposed to be around 90 degrees for the wedding. The wedding was definitely cooler than I expected because Colleen and Adrian were smart and went to the ceremony location at 4 on Friday to see where the shade would be for the wedding. 

There were about 80 guests, which was great because it was more intimate, and Colleen and Adrian could talk to everyone.  We had some great food and fellowship at the reception, and spent the rest of the evening hanging out.  I danced some (gasp).  Adrian even brewed his own special beer called "As You Wish" for the wedding. It was a big hit. Everything with the wedding had Colleen and Adrian written all over it.  I enjoyed seeing the personal touches and the fact that they had cake and pie.  The blueberry pie was delicious.

The more I'm around my family, the more I realize how God has blessed me with the family he has given me.  I would not be who I am today without their influence; parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins included.  So glad I get to see them soon for another wedding!!

Congratulations Colleen and Adrian! We are so happy for you.  I meant what I said about the Red Sox game too ;)

Some of the grandkids with Mimi and Pappaw
With Oba now.
How beautiful is my Oba?
Waiting for the ceremony to begin
Cute!
One of my favorite pictures of us
"Roomies" but more like suitemates. We stayed up until the wee hours of the morning talking.

Best friend
Colleen and Adrian's first dance
The father-daughter dance
66 years of marriage and counting.  What a blessing it is to witness something so wonderful.
Daniella and her cousin
My beautiful mama. We look a lot alike.
With the bride!
Love him.
Kate and Daniella

No comments:

Post a Comment