I wasn't sure what to expect last weekend going into the first round of the playoffs. Brett and I usually talk about the other team, their strengths and weaknesses, but we hardly talked the week before the game because he was so busy. All I knew was Bullet, who always seems to know EVERYTHING about the other team, said NGU's defense would get at least three interceptions. I was a little doubtful of that.
When I saw Albany State (GA) on the field, I thought, "These guys are HUGE!!!" Seriously they had the largest D linemen I had ever seen in that stadium. Greg, Brett's friend who coaches at Methodist in Fayetteville, reminded me that it may mean that they're slower than Brett's guys. I was sure hoping so.
Well, guess what happened the first pass of the game? That's right: NGU interception!!! It was such a lopsided game. Greg called a 35-0 score at halftime, another thing I was doubtful of especially with less than 7 minutes left and the fact that we still needed 2 TDs. I was wrong again. By halftime, it was 42-7, with the help of a NGU punt and kickoff return.
The second half was more of the first, except with NGU's second and third string players. The final score was 63-14. I was so impressed with NGU's offense, defense, and special teams. I think that was the best performance I've seen by all sides of the ball.
NGU will be playing Mars Hill this weekend, one of the two teams that beat them this season. Brett says the guys are chompin' at the bit to get back and play them. Strike the stone!
 |
| Brett and Gooch with his guys |
 |
| Isaiah broke up this pass. |
 |
| Interception! |
 |
| These three kids make me smile. |
 |
| The defensive staff talking to their players. |
 |
| Isaiah's punt return. |
 |
| Jack watching his daddy. |
 |
| I could just eat him up. |
You took some great pictures!
ReplyDeleteThanks Solmaz! It's so easy when you get to take pictures of little studs like Jameson and Jack.
ReplyDelete