Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Fore!!

I went to visit Brett's family in Ocean Isle Beach this past weekend.  I love going down to see them because 1) they are fantastic people and we have so many laughs, and 2) it's like a mini-vacay for me because I get to go to the beach (or at least close to the beach).  We were without Laura this time around because she was on a missions trip so we were 5 guys to 2 ladies, but somehow we managed.

Brett, Will, and Sam played in a golf tournament that supports the West Brunswick High School football team.  Each of them brought a friend to play in their groups (Drew, Joey, and Mike).  I decided to be an amazing girlfriend and watch him and his friends and brothers play the whole day.  It was my very first time on a golf course...and I LOVED it.  There's something so peaceful about being out there.  Yes, for all of you who know me, I would probably not say that if I were actually playing.  There may possibly be some club throwing, instead of hat throwing like in ultimate :)


Saturday night, Brett, Yogi, and I watched Boys of Fall, a documentary by Kenny Chesney about football.  I cannot describe the presence in that room when we were watching it.  You see, Yogi and Brett are both football coaches. Yogi has been a high school football coach for a long time.  Brett decided to walked to walk in his footsteps, but on the college level.  I could see the passion in their eyes.  That is what almost brought me to tears.  I have no doubt Brett is in the profession he is supposed to be in.  His desire to impact and shape young men's lives is inspiring.  Well that's a recap of my weekend.  Hope you all had a fantastic one!

No comments:

Post a Comment