I seem to like odd months for some reason. Sorry I haven't been more consistent with updates on Henry. For those of you who don't know, I kept my full time job as an analyst and am keeping Henry at the same time. I'm a full time, work-at-home mom and a full time, stay-at-home mom. It is extremely difficult and wears me out, but I'm surviving. Brett may say otherwise, but we're hanging in there.
These past two months have been full of ups and downs. Henry went through about a week and a half phase where he woke up every 1.5 hours at night to eat. When that ended, he slept for 10-11 hours straight. I reveled in the fact that I was getting extra sleep. When we went for his 4 month check-up, we found out that he weighed 12 pounds 8 ounces and had only gained 1 pound in two months. He went from the 35th percentile in weight to the 5th percentile in weight. The doctor told me that during that 1.5 weeks, shes thinks Henry figured there was nothing when he was hungry, and therefore decided to give up and just sleep the night. Under doctor's orders, Henry has a specified eating schedule. Thankfully, he has taken to some formula (I still wasn't producing enough to keep up). One to two of his daily feedings is formula. I think that has helped him pack on some extra weight. He seems to have gotten a little chub on his recently. We go on Tuesday to get his weight checked again. Prayers that the feeding schedule and formula has worked.
Henry still doesn't like to take naps during the day. If he's not in the Ergo, his naps are about 20 minutes on the dot. He is super active and attentive. I like to think he's really smart and taking everything in. He is definitely all boy.
Enough with the downs. The ups are much more fun to talk about. Henry has found his voice. He makes this dolphin sound a ton. We often have conversations during the day. He is very interactive. Oba found out he even likes peek-a-boo now.
He has started to absolutely adore Piper. Piper has always seemed to like him, but recently, he has really taken to her. He reaches for her when she's near. If he gets a hold of her, he tends to pull her hair (as he does with Mommy all the time now). Piper makes him laugh when she drops the ball and scoots back. He finds that hilarious. He just watches her all the time. They're basically best friends.
I think his fine motor skills are really good. He switches hands all the time with his toys and seems to be aware of distances when he reaches for things. His gross motor skills may be a little bit slower. He just started purposefully rolling from tummy to back and is so close to rolling from back to tummy. He's really stubborn and starts screaming when he can't do it. I think it will come any day now. His favorite thing to do is stand when you hold him. He gets antsy if he's sitting while being held. He'd rather stand on your lap.
While he can be difficult, Henry is the apple of Mommy and Daddy's eyes. We just love him!
Henry sure is a cutie!!
ReplyDelete