Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Henry: 3 Months

Sorry I have been MIA so much recently, but this little boy is keeping me very busy.  Today, Henry turns 3 months old.  Hard to believe it's been three months since he graced us with his presence. 

Henry has changed so much in the past two months since my last post.  Heck, he's changed even in the past week!  He probably weighs around 12.5 pounds and is still pretty slim, although his cheeks have a little fat to them now.   He is in 6 month sleepers and still in 3 month onesies so he must have longer legs.  He is cooing like crazy.  I'll talk to him and sometimes get a response of noises, kicks, and arm waves.  It's pretty neat to see him reacting to something I'm doing.  He smiles a lot when Brett and I talk to him.  Just this past week, he started smiling at non-family members, particularly the football staff.

Henry has now met all of our immediate family, plus a lot of our extended family.  All of my grandparents have been able to meet him.  I'll tell you...those moments are some of my most treasured memories.  For me to have all my grandparents and them get to meet Henry is unusual and something I will never forget.  I am so glad we have pictures to show Henry when he gets older.  Pappaw would just look at him, Mimi couldn't get enough of holding him, and Oba says he has the biggest eyes and wants to take him home...until he starts crying. 

We have been able to go to Sunday School a handful of times.  It is during his nap time, so he is pretty cranky.  He falls asleep in the car, but then wakes up when we get to church since he doesn't like to sit stationary in the car seat.  Katie is our Sunday School whisperer.  She takes him, puts him to sleep, and then returns to the classroom.  While he may not sleep long, Brett and I are able to learn without worrying about Henry since we know he is in more than capable hands. 

This past week, he has started to interact with Piper.  Piper has really taken to him recently.  She's always put the ball in his rock and play, but she has started to lay beside and sometimes on him.  He smiled when she laid on him last week.  Henry follows her with his eyes wherever she goes and gets excited when she's close (for him, that is making noises, moving his arms, and kicking his legs).

He doesn't like tummy time much, but he tolerates it through lots of grunts.  He rolls from his tummy to his back a lot more now.  I think it may be his larger-than-average head tilting him over, but I'll take it however I can.  He's not a great sleeper during the day, but he has been getting 8+ hours of uninterrupted sleep the past two weeks.  Last night, he actually got 10 hours of sleep.  Unreal.

Enjoy the pictures from the past two months.  Henry, Daddy and I love you so much!



No comments:

Post a Comment