Well our baby girl is 12 weeks old today. It's amazing how fast she's grown. When people ask me how she is, I say she's a mess. She is stubborn (barks at us when we say no), she loves to do things we tell her not to do (we'll tell her not to get under the couch and she immediately goes under the couch), she barks at us when we're not looking at her, and she normally wakes up at 6 AM (very tough for this girl who is not a morning person).
But, she is a sweetheart. She LOVES to lay in my lap. She loves it when her daddy holds her like a baby and rubs her belly. She goes to the gate most of the time when she needs to go to the bathroom. She loves to meet other people and does well with kids. She really is a good little girl.
Anyway, here are some highlights from weeks 10 and 11:
- Piper now knows touch, sit, lay down, and drop. She does shake about half of the time. We are working on off and stay. I think she knows what off means, but she refuses to do it. That stubborn nature of hers.
- She got her first bath! While she wasn't a fan of the water at first, she did a great job of standing there while I was washing and rinsing her. By far her favorite part was us drying her off. I love that freshly-bathed puppy smell.
- We went to the vet when Piper turned 11 weeks. The first time we went to the vet, I held her the whole time. This time, we walked in on a leash. Although she was a
little hesitant, she did really well.
She weighed in at 10.4 pounds. She gained 6.4 pounds in 3 weeks! The
vet said she is very healthy, and has a very friendly temperament. All of the ladies at the vet just love her.
- I started to give her some puppy bones to clean her teeth. Even if the packaging says longer lasting, it takes Piper about 10 minutes to obliterate the bone. Girl's got an appetite.
- She jumped on the couch for the first time Friday. I was sitting on the couch, and the next thing I know, she's running at me from across the room and jumps right in my lap. We're going to have to work on her not doing that unless we tell her to get up.
 |
| Baby girl loves to wag her tail. |
 |
| This is what happens when I try to work with Piper in the office. |
 |
| "Helping" Momma with laundry |
 |
| She is so pretty. Brett tells her that a lot. |
 |
| Lovin' Daddy's tummy rubs. |
 |
| Her favorite thing to do: Play fetch! |
 |
| Piper after the rain |
 |
| First bath! |
 |
| All fluffy after her first bath. |
 |
| Second trip to the vet. |
 |
| She is getting so long |
 |
| Sitting outside chewing a bone. |
 |
| My sweet girl |
 |
| So much fluff! |
 |
| She doesn't mind Daddy after he runs |
 |
| They both look so content |
 |
| And of course, she has to have her hand on yours when you're holding something. |
No comments:
Post a Comment