Saturday, August 10, 2013

Meesh Got Married!

One of my best friends Michelle got married to her longtime boyfriend Andrew on July 27th.  I was so glad that I was able to join in her wedding weekend.  It started off with a lovely bridal luncheon hosted by Michelle's family. Meesh looked absolutely radiant.  She kept on saying how it hadn't hit her yet that she was getting married.  She was so relaxed and calm.  After the luncheon, I was able to get my nails done before the rehearsal.  That was some much needed relaxation before Meesh's wedding weekend.

Fantastic four.
Meesh with her bestie Elise.
Michelle and Andrew got married at Sacred Heart Cathedral in Downtown Raleigh.  The rehearsal was the first time I had seen the church.  It is absolutely beautiful on the inside and out.  After the rehearsal, we headed to Caffe Luna for the rehearsal dinner.  The food was wonderful.  Michelle even surprised Andrew with a State groom's cake, which I know he was excited about. 

I just have to mention that I LOVE having my best friends and our boyfriends/fiance/husbands together in one place.  It is one of the most wonderful things in the world.

I love this man so much.
Jessica and David
Kyle and Megan


I called it a night pretty early in order to get rest of the next day.  I headed up to Michelle's suite early Saturday morning.  She gave me my bridesmaid's gift: a monogrammed pink robe, jewelry set, and Lilly koozie (everything that is so Michelle).  Meesh, I have already worn the earrings three times since the wedding! I loved all of it. 

Andrew and Michelle decided to write each other letters and have them delivered before the ceremony.  Brett and I did that for our wedding gift too.  That letter is something I will treasure forever.  I'm sure when Michelle read it, it started to hit her that she was getting married to her love. 

We hung out in the hotel room while everyone got their hair and makeup done.  Michelle looked stunning, even with just a white robe.

My monogrammed robe!
Michelle before she read the letter Andrew wrote to her.
The beautiful bride

It was an adventure to the cathedral, but we made it and got Michelle married!  It was my first time going to a Catholic wedding, let alone being in one. It lasted about an hour.  I am so glad all of us were able to sit down at certain points during the ceremony.  After the ceremony, we went on Fayetteville Street to take some pictures with the bridal party.  It was such a fun bridal party, and Meesh's photographer was great. 

Michelle and Andrew went to the NC State Bell Tower by themselves to take pictures while we went to the holding room in the Cardinal Club (where the reception was held).  When Michelle and Andrew got there, we were announced and ate dinner.  Brett was pretty excited about being seated at the head table with the couple and their siblings. Lauren made a very heartfelt maid of honor speech.  Andrew's brother's speech was hilarious.  I think Brett had tears in his eyes from laughing so hard.  

The cake cutting and dancing were held upstairs on the top floor.  The view of downtown Raleigh at night was breathtaking even through the clouds and rain. I think it's safe to say, Michelle and Andrew's family and friends know how to keep the dance floor alive. 

I'm so excited to see what God has in store for Michelle and Andrew.  I'm so happy that your wedding day was everything you dreamed of, Meesh.  Love you!

With my married bestie
The new Mr and Mrs.
She's next.
My best friends in the world

1 comment: