I went to the scrimmage first. So glad I get some football before the rest of the world. Maybe it's God's way of blessing us wives given what we go through during the season. I love the smell of the grass (not the smell of the sweaty boys though). I love being in the sun. I love the whistles, chants, and watching Brett coaching up the guys. It's like a little slice of heaven.
After the scrimmage, we met in the Crusader Room for the dinner. Coaches weren't supposed to eat with us but we still got to enjoy their company. I cannot say enough how much I like this staff. The coaches are intense when need be but they have the ability to relax and enjoy our company. They are funny and extremely family-centered. Makes my heart happy thinking about spending the season with them.
Miss Angel made some AH-MAZING crockpot mac and cheese. I'll have to get the recipe from her. I'm sure it will come in handy when I have to make dinner for the linebackers. All of the wives and children, except for Kenny's children, were able to come to the dinner. I really enjoyed meeting KaShanda, Kenny's wife, who is going to remain in Greensboro while he's coaching at NGU. She is real with you, which is a breath of fresh air.
We met Liyah, LaDonte and Britney's little girl, for the first time. She is just precious, one beautiful little girl. She got a bit squirmy but whenever LaDonte held her, she just relaxed. Definitely seems to be a daddy's girl.
I also met Rocco's wife Melissa and his daughter Reilly, aka the Bear (short for Reilly Bear). Reilly was a little shy but came out of her shell the longer we were around her. Rocco is the defensive coordinator with Brett and coaches the DBs. He taught Reilly to do quick feet which was so cute.
| Reilly was playing peek-a-boo with the skull caps |
| This is when Isaiah was telling us polar bears don't go in the water with other polar bears. |
Can't wait for the season with these ladies.
No comments:
Post a Comment