Month 8 has been the month of development. Holy cow. Three of Henry's teeth came in a week and a half ago (Yes, they came in within a couple days of each other. It was terrible). Another one is working itself in right now. That makes 6 teeth! He looks so different now that you can see teeth when he smiles. Same cute little kid though.
Henry started crawling a couple days ago. He had been rocking back and forth for about a week, but he finally decided that Friday was the night. By Saturday, he was trying to crawl all over me. Sunday, he was trying to pull up on the couch. Today, he pulled himself up to his feet in his crib. When I saw what he was doing and went to check on him, he looked at me with the biggest smile on his face, like he felt such a sense of accomplishment. I believe it's time to lower the mattress down a setting. I can't believe how fast it went. If he is on his feet with me holding his hands, he can walk with a lot of ease. A couple months ago, I thought his gross motor skills were lacking compared to his fine motor skills; now it appears they have caught up. Who knows. He may be walking by 10 months considering how fast he went from sitting to rolling to crawling and now pulling up.
Henry is an eating machine. He has between five and seven 6-ounce bottles a day. We also sit at the table and have lunch and dinner together. This way, I can somewhat enjoy my meal now. He loves most fruits, although apples can be a little tart. His favorite fruit is blueberries. He's not a fan of green veggies, but green beans seem to be growing on him a little bit. The kid loves squash and sweet potatoes.
Peek-a-boo can always get him to smile. So can Piper. He started to climb on Piper the other night and she just lays there. Such a good girl. He is VERY vocal. When he doesn't like something, he sure does tell you. He also babbles when I talk to him. We like to have conversations while I work. Still no real words yet, but I have a feeling when he does talk, he won't stop.
With how much went on during month 8, I can only image what will happen in month 9!
No comments:
Post a Comment